Do you ever get to Friday and realise suddenly that overwhelm has set in and you have been in a slump all week. I like to think that I’m not alone in those moments of imperfection. This week was just one of those weeks when time drifted by with a great deal of inaction.
The levels of uncertainty that has the world in its grip this week started to seep into my mind and it really affected me. I almost didn’t notice until a mentor of mine took notice and checked in (thank the Lord for my people)
Do The Next Right Thing
It is ok to have moments where you find yourself a little overwhelmed. Sometimes even it can be beneficial in some senses. The good news is that all it takes is a choice. A choice to… in the words of Disney’s Anna princess of Arendelle (cue Kristen Bells voice ringing in your ear) just do the next right thing.
Yesterday I dedicated some time to making room in the craziness to get things back on track. A 5 am wakeup call, bed made, affirmations and some goal setting and I find myself feeling more proactive than ever! Even time for a blog post or three.
Here are my top tips for keeping proactive when the overwhelm sets in.
- Get up early… I know it sounds painful but I promise you’ll feel so much better for it
- Exercise… For me, this is more painful than it sounds but I do feel more clarity after my legs have moved a little. Is it just me or does your mouth move faster when your legs move with it???
- Meditate. Meditation has to be the most rewarding thing you can do for yourself. Hello universe what beautiful gifts do you have in store for me today!
- Affirmations. Because we are all amazing in our own little ways. Sometimes we just need a little reminder
- Goal setting. Set yourself three goals that will help you work towards a bigger goal. Tiny wins lead to HUGE rewards.
- Dedicate at least two hours per day to productivity without interruption. Put that phone in another room or on aeroplane mode and smash those goals.
I’d love to hear how you overcome that dreaded overwhelm let me know in the comments below.